Landscape Trees (part 1): Selection, Planting, Transplanting and Care
Forester Greg Jordan joins Emma and Nate to talk all things landscape trees in a two-part episode. Part 1 focuses on selection, planting, transplanting, transporting, and general care.
Growing healthy trees starts with choosing the right plant for the right place, and good planting technique. And with adequate care early in the tree’s life, you’ll be well on your way to the shade, blooms, privacy screening, wildlife habitat, or whatever you’re trying to achieve with the new addition to your landscape. In part 1 of this 2 part episode on trees, Greg Jordan, Emma Erler and Nate Bernitz talk about all this and more. Then look for part 2 (out on December 3), which will focus on pruning and tree problems and solutions.
- Featured Question: How to transplant established trees?
- Featured Plant: Tamarack (Larix laricina)
- Closing Tip: Transporting Trees from the Nursery
- Planting and Care of Tree Seedlings
- Planting and Mulching Trees and Shrubs
- List of Trees for New Hampshire Landscapes
- Transplanting or Moving Trees and Shrubs in the Landscape
Subscribe to the monthly Granite State Gardening newsletter.
Email us questions, suggestions and feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transcript by Otter.ai (Pending)